Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Day's Last Greeting


There are an amazing number of times when, although it is cloudy all day, right at sunset, the sun suddenly peeks through the clouds and shines on the ridge tops in all of its gold splendor. This happens so often, that I frequently am tempted almost to expect the phenomenon. It's sort of like the day is giving a last greeting before it ends!

Photo: Last light on the Lumpy Ridge, Rocky Mountain National Park; November 23, 2013


If you'd like to make a donation to help fund Nature Photo-Quotes, please go here.  Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment