Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, June 12, 2015

Solitude is the source of great joy . . .


Solitude is the source of great joy because in it we experience the solitude of every other human being, and of every creature on Earth.  For each is rooted in the solitude of the Source out of which we all arise - a solitude that is the mutual bliss of transcendent God and immanent Goddess, a shared solitude into which Each is forever dissolving :)

Photo: "Buko' the Doberman puppy frolicking in Medano Creek in Great Sand Dunes National Park, CO, June 6, 2015.  I photoshopped the leash out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment