Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Waterfalls are the powerfully alluring hair of the Goddess!


For me, waterfalls are the "hair" of the Goddess - of Mother Earth, Sophia, Sacred Earth Woman, Gaia - and they never fail to lure me into a deeper love relationship with Her. The intense force of these roaring waterfalls during the Springtime melt speaks to me of the incredible power that a woman's hair - and physical presence, linked as it is to the Feminine Earth - has over my psyche, causing me to melt in passionate adoration, thereby fusing me with Her own vast reality. In the process, I realize that my appreciative gaze is actually the means by which SHE gazes on and admires Her amazing beauty, goodness and sacredness!

Photo: Serviceberry flowers, with Big Creek Falls in the background, Park Range, CO, June 19, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment