Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The blooming of snow buttercups offers us a lesson in joy and courage.



Coming upon Snow Buttercups pushing up courageously through snowbanks, as well as entire fields of yellow carpeting the path leading up to the 11,000 foot pass, I couldn't help but be filled with intense joy. All of that yellow simply radiated exuberant elation, especially as the incessant wind blurred thousands of blooms into a single mass of gold. These Buttercups taught me that joy is truly the energy that energizes our ability to push through difficult circumstances, allowing our own unique vision of the Whole to bloom and flourish. The winds of trials that would seek to detach us from our roots end up instead taking all of our tentative, fearful attempts at expression and blending them into a single mass of vibrating beauty!

 


 Photos: Snow Buttercups at Montgomery Pass, CO; June 22, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment