Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

All things seek to be reconciled within the loving space of an open mind and heart.


This is one of my favorite paintings from The Great Gallery.  I'm intrigued by the fact that two creatures are having a conversation WITHIN the body of the anthropomorph.  This reminds me that each of us is meant to serve as the space in which the various aspects of life are able to interact and reconcile. Action and contemplation, masculine and feminine, form and emptiness, personal and non-personal views of the Sacred, attachment and detachment, transcendence and immanence, imagination and fact, as well as the various cultures, religions and ethnic groups  - these all seek to be reconciled within the loving space of an open mind and heart.

Photo: The Great Gallery, Horseshoe Canyon, Canyonlands National Park, UT; May 24, 2013.  Archaeologists say the people who painted this panel were members of the Archaic Barrier Canyon culture, which existed as early as 5,000 B.C.E.






No comments:

Post a Comment