Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, May 31, 2013

The first Calypso Orchids of the season are blooming!


"I crossed an ice-cold stream, and espied two specimens of Calypso . . . They were alone . . . I never before saw a plant so full of life; so perfectly spiritual, it seemed pure enough for the throne of the Creator. I felt as if I were in the presence of superior beings who loved me and beckoned me to come. I sat down beside them and wept for joy."

The Contemplative John Muir

Photo: The first Calypso Orchids are blooming in our mountains! I found these in Wild Basin, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; May 31, 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment