Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Grateful living: an alchemic operation of converting "dis-graceful" things into grateful events.


"Grateful living: an alchemic operation of converting 'dis-graceful' things into grateful events."

Raimon Panikkar

Today is the one-year anniversary of the start of the Hewlett Fire.  It began when winds pushed flames from a camper's alcohol-fueled stove into the surrounding grasses.  The fire ended up burning 7,685 acres.  This Spring, the pasqueflowers blooming in the burned area are amazing!  I'm so thankful for the abundant snow we've received this Spring, making an active forest fire season a little less probable this year.

Photo: Pasqueflowers, Hewlett Burn, Roosevelt National Forest, CO; April 29, 2013









No comments:

Post a Comment