Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Earth is prickly enough to make you tough.


"Wide enough to keep you looking
 Open enough to keep you moving
 Dry enough to keep you honest
 Prickly enough to make you tough
 Green enough to go on living
 Old enough to give you dreams"

Gary Snyder, "Earth Verse"

Photo: Ball Cactus in bloom, with the Lumpy Ridge in the background; Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; May 13, 2013







No comments:

Post a Comment