Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

What if we used the fire of suffering to enable us to become MORE showy, confident and energized?


I've been spending quite a bit of time lately hiking in the burn areas, marveling at entire meadows full of blooming pasqueflowers.  One thing I've noticed is the fact that fire seems to stimulate each plant to produce more blooms than usual.  Many - like this one - end up resembling bushes!  I wonder how our human lives would be if we started using the fire of suffering to enable us to become MORE showy and MORE confident and MORE energized than we already are?

Photo: Pasqueflowers blooming at the edge of Greyrock Meadow, in the Hewlett Burn; April 29, 2013.  This forest fire occurred the week of May 14th, one year ago.







No comments:

Post a Comment