Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Silence is thick with a sense of Presence.


At Canyonlands, the silence was so intense I could hear my ears ring. In that silence - thick with the reality of "Presence" - I experienced a sense of mutual bliss, a sort of afterglow in which both Father Sky (God) and Mother Earth (Sophia) are lost in love, emptied out in ecstatic self-abandon into the space between them. And that "space between," I discover, is located within my own mind and heart, and within the mind and heart of every human seeker who enters the temple of sacred silence.

Photo: Snow patterns in Chesler Park, with the Needles looming in the background; Canyonlands National Park, UT; December 1, 2013


If you'd like to make a donation to help fund Nature Photo-Quotes, please go here.  Thanks!






No comments:

Post a Comment