Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Silence really does speak to people.

"People don't want to hear any more words. In our mechanical age, all words have become alike, they've all been reduced to the level of the commercial. To say 'God is love' is like saying 'Eat Wheaties.' Things come through on the same wavelength. Silence, on the other hand, really does speak to people."

Thomas Merton

Photo: Frosted Ponderosa Pine Trees in the fog; Big Thompson Canyon, CO; December 20, 2013

If you'd like to make a donation to help fund Nature Photo-Quotes, please go here.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment