Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

More and more the mountains ARE my mind, an inner world to go to.


"Thinking I am unable to see it or know it - this enormous beauty - and yet, letting go, I AM simply it, being part of it, in me as well as outside."

"More and more the mountains ARE my mind, an inner world to go to."

Gary Snyder

Tonight I saw Gary Snyder do a reading at Colorado State University, just a few miles from my home.  It's hard to believe he is now 84 years old, considering how youthful his attitude and outlook on life are!

Photo: Yellow Paintbrush and Elephanthead, Snowy Range, WY; August 22, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment