Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The societal world seems far away when you're hiking on Mount Rainier

"The thing that I still come back away with is how close so many people feel to the mountain [Rainier] emotionally and psychically, and yet how far away the world is when you're on the mountain."

Bruce Barcott,
Environmental journalist





Photos: (Top) Mount Adams viewed from the side of Mount Rainier; (Second) Magenta Paintbrush and Valerian flowers, near Owyhigh Lakes; (Third) Beargrass and Subalpine Fir trees, Naches Peak Trail; (Bottom) Subalpine Fir and Mount Rainier.



All four photos were taken at Mount Rainier National Park, WA; July 24 -26, 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment