Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The autumn colors are already at their peak in the alpine tundra!


Well, the Fall foliage is already at its peak color-change in the alpine tundra! Yesterday, on my hike up to Sky Pond in Rocky Mountain National Park, I noticed that the Mountain Bog Birch leaves had turned a fiery orange and red.



I also enjoyed watching the pikas busily gathering grasses to dry in the sun and store in their underground burrows. 



Believe it or not, some of the Aspen trees above 9500 feet were also beginning to turn yellow. Fall is on its way! For me, Autumn is a time when the insights and experiences we've gathered during our Summer adventures begin to glow as we contemplate their glory and ponder fresh ways of putting them into practice

Photos: Mountain Bog Birch leaves and a pika; Sky Pond, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; September 8, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment