Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, September 12, 2014

Sometimes, we need to act like a mother bear to protect the inner "cub" of Divine Life from excess self-criticism.

Today I ran across a black bear and her cub - right next to the trail! I didn't have enough time to set up my camera correctly, but I think this is still a pretty good image. That's sagebrush in the foreground and sticking to the bear's head The sighting reminded me that during times of intense self-criticism I need to be more like a mother bear and protect the "cub" of the divine Life that dwells within!

Photo: Bierstadt Lake Trail, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; September 12, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment