Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

An amazingly patient woman . . .



I'm convinced that my wife - Joanne - is one of the most patient women in the world. She has to put up with seemingly endless hours of delay caused by my crazy photography. Unfortunately, when I really get going, I lose all sense of time, which means that often she is finished with a hike and is waiting patiently in the car. Fortunately, though, she usually has a book with her and when I return - amazingly - there is not one word of complaint. Yesterday, I delayed far too long in the Tetons, trying to catch some flowers during the few split seconds when the wind finally stopped. We didn't get home until 9:30 P.M.!

Photo: Joanne admiring The Grand Prismatic Spring, Yellowstone National Park, WY, September 5, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment