Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, September 11, 2015

Good spirituality fosters a sense of awe and wonder at the utter magic of the world!


The purpose of good spirituality, I am convinced, has very little to do with "saving" the individual self or making sure that it has a secure place in an afterlife. Rather, spirituality is meant to give us a set of practices that enable us to discover the utter magic and wonder of life - in both its human and more-than-human forms - and to lose ourselves in awe and adoration of that magic!

Photo: Hot spring just after sunrise in West Thumb Geyser Basin, Yellowstone National Park, WY, September 7, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment