Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Be not preoccupied with looking. Go not to the object; let it come to you.



"Be not preoccupied with looking. Go not to the object; let it come to you."

Henry David Thoreau




Photos: (Top) Alpine Bog Birch; (Middle) Waterfall, with Keyboard of the Winds and Pagoda Peak in the background; (Bottom) Subalpine Arnica and unnamed waterfall; Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, September 1, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment