Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Sacred Flow of the Goddess



These unnamed falls - located just below Black Lake on Glacier Creek - are among my favorite in Rocky Mountain National Park. They remind me that one of the major qualities of the Goddess - the Sacred Feminine, Gaia, Mother Earth, Sophia, Shakti - is that of seamless FLOW. Each of us is like a water droplet that dances up into the air and out of the flow, and then returns to it once again. And this process doesn't just happen at birth and death, but during each moment of our lives! At each instant, we dance out of the flow and inhabit our water-droplet individuality, fall again into the sacred flow, and then emerge once again! Actually, to be more precise, I'm speaking here in terms of our EXPERIENCE.  On the level of our being, we never, ever leave the Flow :)

Photo: Subalpine Arnica and falls, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, September 1, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment