Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Yellowstone has a subjectivity that changes us forever . . .



How can I adequately describe the magic of Yellowstone as though it were a graspable object? This ethereal landscape possesses a subjectivity all Her own that grabs ahold of our awareness and brings us into union with Her, thus changing us forever.




She then hopes we will indeed try to describe Her, not in precise concepts, but in language that matches her color, using all of the poetry, paradox and beauty of word-pictures that we can muster. As Emerson says in his essay on poetry, Nature wants "to re-publish and spread her fame in OUR world of the mind."   :)




Photos: West Thumb Geyser Basin, Yellowstone National Park, WY, September 4, 2015. 


No comments:

Post a Comment