Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The six directions are holy and mysterious beings.



"The six directions are holy and mysterious beings. With them and through them we send our voice to God."

Frank Fools Crow
Oglala Lakota medicine man


The six directions are West, North, East, South, Up (Tunkashila: Grandfather) and Down (Grandmother Earth)

Photo: Indian Paintbrush, Tipsoo Lake, and Mount Rainier, Mount Rainier National Park, WA, July 30, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment