Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Blooming in the Midst of Aridity


I find that I am endlessly inspired by the sight of a wildflower thrusting up through cracked desert soil. To me, it speaks of the fact that the arid conditions the human spirit often has to endure - when the water of consolation or supportive circumstances seems to be absent - are the very things that allow its subsequent blooming to be all the more stunning. Indeed, it is often the aridity of life that causes us to look inside for a deeper strength that would otherwise remain hidden and undeveloped.

Photo: Grassy Death Camass (Above) and Lambert Crazyweed (Below) push up through cracked clay soil; Badlands National Park, SD; May 17, 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment