Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Bryce Canyon Landscape Elicits a State of Optimism


The bright desert sun and brilliant orange hues of the Bryce Canyon landscape elicit a state of mind that is brimming with optimism and hope.  It's as though the unspoken dreams of the heart become externalized in the light-filled vastness of the landscape, thereby making them all the more real.

Photo: Bristlecone Pine branch and cone, with Thor's Hammer and hoodoos in the background; Bryce Canyon National Park, UT; May 24, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment