Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

One of the aims of my photography is to have the viewer feel the landscape inside their body and innermost being.

"Walking on the living, thrilling flesh of Mother Earth, one seems to be fairly feeding with one's feet - as if there were delicate palates in them - gaining strength as we go. And most delicious flesh-pleasure comes in through them in keen, infinitely fine flashes, more delicious, exhilarating than ever got into us by way of the lips."

The Contemplative John Muir

Photo: Tufted Evening-Primrose growing on cracked soil; Badlands National Park, SD; May 16, 2014. Part of my goal with my photos is to offer the viewer not only a visual feast, but a visceral one as well. I want you to feel the landscape inside your body - especially within your feet, legs, gut, heart and palate - tingling and exciting your innermost being!

No comments:

Post a Comment