Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

In the desert, we partake of the spiritual glow of the red rock!


I just got back from three days spent hiking and camping in the redrock country of southern Utah, where I found myself partaking of the spiritual glow that is an innate part of the desert. It's no wonder that spiritual seekers throughout the ages have so often sought out the desert as a place of spiritual transformation!

Photo: Stephen basking in the orange radiance of Professor Creek Canyon, near Moab, UT; May 3, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment