Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Hiking Through an Exuberant Festival

Sunday's hike through Professor Creek Canyon felt like traveling through an exuberant festival. The music of the stream echoing from the cliffs, the vivid orange, pink and purple hues of the canyon walls reflecting late-day sun, the fluorescent green of the newly leafed-out vegetation, the singing of the water ouzel always just ahead, as though leading us through the canyon! What more could one ask for?

Photo: Joanne hiking through Professor Creek Canyon; near Moab, UT; May 4, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment