Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Ah, the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone!



Ah, the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone! Another of the Park's astounding landscapes, this canyon - approximately 1,000 feet deep - long ago found its way into my heart because of the intense yellow, cream, orange, pink and red hues of its walls. Like Yellowstone's thermal features, The Canyon compels me to enter an altered state of consciousness involving awe, wonder and a sense of adventure. When I allow the canyon to open up a brand-new faculty of perception, I am then able to view the mundane events of my work-week in town as equally filled with awe-inspiring wonder :)




Photos: Lower Falls and Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, Yellowstone National Park, WY, September 6, 2015

 

No comments:

Post a Comment