Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

My time spent at Yellowstone helped boost my meditation practice . . .



This past weekend, I found that the magical, ethereal atmosphere of Yellowstone served to stimulate my meditation practice in a very evocative way. For just as the steam, mist and unearthly colors made me feel like I was inhabiting another world, so Wilderness Insight Meditation helps me see that every thought, perception and emotion is - as it were - arising from some other world, like an echo resounding throughout eternity with no original Sound ever present! Viewed through the filter of meditation, EVERY moment is therefore a Yellowstone moment! :)




Photos: Yellowstone National Park, WY, September 5, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment