Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Wilderness Mysticism Affirms the Utter Magic of Life



Wilderness Mysticism affirms the utter magic of life. It stands in amazement at the poetic realization that each being and each event is - at its deepest core - an echo of an eternal love-word that The Beloved was just about to speak into the world. A love-word that never quite had a chance to be "spoken" on account of the fact that The Beloved lost himself in blissful self-emptying before the word could ever be "uttered." And yet - surprise! - ECHOES of that unspoken word appear anyway and resound with new and unexpected "words" and in a different "voice" - in that of a beautiful feminine Lover, a Goddess!

Photo: Alpenglow sunrise at Sprague Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, September 19, 2015

- - - - - - - - -

I am available for one-on-one spiritual direction / mentoring via phone or Skype. You can contact me at canyonechoes@gmail.com if you are interested. The rate is $65 per hour-long session. You might also want to check out my Spiritual Direction with Stephen Hatch Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment