Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

All that matters is our relationship to the Divine.


Yesterday I was fretting for much of the day about a communication difficulty I am having with a loved one and with a new family member. I found myself obsessing over the problem, becoming ever more stressed and tight in the process. However, my suffering began to dissolve as I was snowshoeing across a high mountain lake. Suddenly, it occurred to me that the only ones who ultimately exist in this situation are myself and the Divine. All things - including all of the people in my life - are simply the Great Mystery in hiding. And ultimately, of course, even my own self is meant to become transparent to the Beloved. When I realized this great truth, my heaviness began to evaporate, and a profound sense of silence, union and bliss descended upon me.

Photo: Bierstadt Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; February 24, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment