Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Fire and Ice

If beauty is the harmony of contrasts, then snow adorning a tree that burned in last year's fire is a prime example.  And so is the ability to connect with other people through shared suffering, balanced by the quest to see through that pain into Something more vast and liberating.

Photo: A snow-covered Ponderosa Pine that burned in last Spring's Galena Fire; Lory State Park, CO; February 1, 2014

Donations to help fund Nature Photo-Quotes are always appreciated.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment