Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

The task of the spiritual journey involves discovering the patterns that will enable us to live in the most centered manner possible.


While snowshoeing across Dream Lake, I encountered thousands of different patterns, created by snow filling depressions in the ice carved by scouring winds. When I came upon this particular pattern, it gave me a centered feeling, inspiring me to lie down on the ice and photograph it. Similarly, there are dozens of different patterns present in our lives - some of them meaningful, and some of them not. The task of the spiritual journey involves discovering the patterns that will enable us to live in the most centered manner possible, and then focusing our attention on those. In doing so, we end up contributing meaning to the Cosmos - and to God - as well.

Photo: Dream Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; February 3, 2014


Donations to help fund Nature Photo-Quotes are always appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment