Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, February 7, 2014

Unity is the Ultimate Reality


Tonight I was feeling low about the fact that I'll almost certainly be laid off from Naropa at the end of the semester.  I just read in the Boulder newspaper that the dispute between the university and the professor I'm temporarily replacing has been solved.

However, my grief began to subside when I suddenly became aware of the fact that - at the deepest level - there is no such thing as mere individuals - i.e., me, the professor who's replacing me, the administration folks who made the decision to negotiate with him, etc.  Rather, there is only the Divine, mirrored in each one of us in a different way.  Although - as individuals - we have competing agendas, deep inside, we are all actually God-in-hiding! And with that realization, I enter into the rich solitude of Divine unity :)

Photo: Subalpine Fir, Emerald Lake and Hallett Peak; Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; February 3, 2014

Donations to help fund Nature Photo-Qutoes are always appreciated.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment