Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Consciousness has the quality of luminosity.


"Consciousness . . . has the quality of luminosity . . . The ultimate nature of mind is essentially pure.  This pristine nature is technically called 'clear light.'  "

The Dalai Lama

Photo: Multi-colored leaves backlit by late afternoon light; Gem Lake Trail, October 15, 2012.  Yes, the leaves REALLY ARE that vivid!

No comments:

Post a Comment