Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

We are translucent to divine light in the sky of spacious awareness.


Even though the divine Sun is mysteriously hidden for all eternity beneath the endless horizon of Being, when we rest  in the sky of spacious awareness, we suddenly become translucent and begin to glow in radiant love.  How can this be?  How can we glow when no Sun is present? This is the most profound mystery.

Photo: Chokecherry leaves and Cottonwood trees glow in last light with Arthur's Rock in the background; Lory State Park, CO; October 14, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment