Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The human body is a miniature, burning Sun!


During my recent ramblings, I've made the happy discovery that forest fire roasts Douglas-fir cones a bright, fluorescent orange.  It's almost as though the cone - four months later - still contains the original flames, which come bursting out vigorously from the center. For me, this serves as a reminder that the human body - through the numerous plants we ingest - contains the fire of the Sun, so effective in driving the photosynthesis upon which all of life depends.  That fact makes each of us a miniature, burning Sun!

Photo: Hewlett - High Park Burn, Poudre Canyon, CO; October 12, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment