Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, April 21, 2014

I just can't get enough of the wonder of Pasqueflowers springing up in the burn areas!


As you probably have guessed by now, I just can't get enough of the wonder of Pasqueflowers springing up in the areas that burned so heavily two years ago.  There is something utterly amazing about the way in which such beauty arises from such devastation.  I tend to view beauty in its many forms as a "harmony of contrasts,"  And the burn areas embody this principle, par excellence!



Photos: Pasqueflowers proliferating in the Hewlett Burn.  That's Greyrock in the second picture; Roosevelt National Forest, CO; April 8 and 10, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment