Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, April 25, 2014

The Efficacy of Subtle Light


In photography, subtle light is often the most effective in revealing the beauty of a subject. Here, for example, I waited until the light filtered through the adjacent pines was at just the right intensity to cause the pasqueflower to glow. Similarly, with spiritual insight, we experiment with various words, images and metaphors that will cast just the right light on ultimate realities, enabling them to subtly glow and radiate their liberating presence.

Photo: Pasqueflower, with Arthur's Rock in the background; Lory State Park, CO; April 24, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment