Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, April 25, 2014

I wish so to live ever as to derive my satisfactions and inspirations from the commonest events.

"I wish so to live ever as to derive my satisfactions and inspirations from the commonest events, every-day phenomena, so that what my senses hourly perceive, my daily walk, . . . may inspire me, and I may dream of no heaven but that which lies about me.  A person may acquire a taste for wine or brandy, and so lose his love for water, but should we not pity him?"

Henry David Thoreau


Photo: Wild Plum bushes in bloom, with red cliffs behind; Lory State Park, CO; April 24, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment