Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

There is nothing more opposed to life than this incessant business.

"It would be glorious to see mankind at leisure for once.  It is nothing but work, work, work . . . I think there is nothing more opposed to poetry, to philosophy, ay, to life itself, than this incessant business."

Henry David Thoreau

Photo: Pasqueflowers blooming in the snow, with Horsetooth Rock in the background; Horsetooth Mountain Park, CO; April 15, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment