Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Each of Us Has a Special Listening-Point from Which to Contemplate the Universe


"From my Listening Point I have seen the immensity of space and glimpsed at times the grandeur of creation.  There I have sensed the span of uncounted centuries and looked down the path all life has come . . . Everyone has a listening-point somewhere . . . , some place of quiet where the universe can be contemplated with awe."

Sigurd F. Olson

Photo: View southward from the Oh-Be-Joyful Pass Trail, near Crested Butte, CO, October 1, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment