Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Fresh Point of View Makes Us Born Again


"All that is necessary to make any landscape visible and therefore impressive is to regard it from a new point of view . . . Then we behold a new heaven and earth and are born again, as if we had gone on a pilgrimage to some far-off holy land."

John Muir

Photo: Looking upward through a fern frond toward the tops of the aspens, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, September 17, 2011    

No comments:

Post a Comment