Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, October 3, 2011

The Interior Castle


"We consider our soul to be like a castle made entirely of a diamond or of very clear crystal, in which there are many rooms . . . If I had understood as I do now that in this little palace of my soul dwelt so great a King, I would not have left Him alone so often."

St. Teresa of Avila, "The Interior Castle"

Photo: "The Castles" viewed from Ohio Pass, near Crested Butte, CO, October 2, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment