Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Solitude Gives Us a More Timeless Perspective on Life

"I have had my share of solitude and know whereof I speak.  It is beautiful to me, for it brings back perspective and the sense of timelessness.  I come back to the friends I have left, stronger, better, and happier than when I went away.  If there is writing to do, my thoughts run more smoothly than before; my perceptions and understanding of life's problems more uncluttered after the cleansing power of solitude."

Sigurd F. Olson

Photo: Lone Subalpine Fir, Aspens, and Anthracite Mountain, near Crested Butte, CO, September 30, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment