Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Silence is God's Voice


"If you ask us, 'What is silence?' we will answer, 'It is the Great Mystery.  The holy silence is God's voice.'  If you ask, 'What are the fruits of silence?' we will answer, 'They are self-control, true courage or endurance, patience, dignity and reverence.  Silence is the cornerstone of character.' "

Ohiyesa (Charles Eastman); Elder, Dakota Nation

Photo: The Never Summer Mountains at sunset, near Gould, CO, October 21, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment