Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Follow Your Bliss!


"My general formula for my students is 'Follow your bliss.'  Find where it is, and don't be afraid to follow it.  The way to find out about your happiness is to keep your mind on those moments when you feel most happy, when you are really happy - not excited, not just thrilled, but deeply happy!  This requires a little bit of self-analysis.  What is it that makes you happy?  Stay with it, no matter what people tell you.  This is what I call 'following your bliss.'  The adventure is its own reward.  When you follow your bliss, doors will open where you would not have thought there would be doors, and where there wouldn't be a door for anyone else."

Joseph Campbell

Photo: Vibrant autumn aspen trees near Kebler Pass, CO, October 1, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment