Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Perhaps Our Society Has Never Really Learned to Love


"My white brother does many things well for he is more clever than my people, but I wonder if he knows how to love well.  I wonder if he has ever really learned to love at all.  Perhaps he only loves the things that are his own but never learned to love the things that are outside and beyond him.  And this is, of course, not love at all, for man must love all creation or he will love none of it."

Chief Dan George, Coast Salish Elder

Photo: Sunset suffuses the aspen trees with love-light, Rawah Range, near Gould, CO, September 26, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment