Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Cheerfulness contains the power of endurance.


"Wondrous is the strength of cheerfulness, and its power of endurance - the cheerful person will do more in the same time, will do it better, will preserve it longer, than the sad or sullen."

Thomas Carlyle

Photo: A 1600 year-old Bristlecone Pine keeps going; Cedar Breaks National Monument, UT; September 1, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment