Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Our vocation is to awaken the glow of happiness on the faces of those around us.


"Once you have seen the glow of happiness on the face of a beloved person, you know that you can have no vocation but to awaken that light on the faces surrounding you."

Albert Camus

Photo: An aspen leaf glows in last light, Kebler Pass, Crested Butte, CO; September 22, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment