Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

When we dam up the habitual dependence on luxuries, our waters gather to a head and produce insight.


"I must have done with luxuries and devote myself to my muse.  So I dam up my stream, and my waters gather to a head.  I am freighted with thought."

Henry David Thoreau

Photo: Water Lily-Pads on Cub Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; September 9, 2012.  I waded out into the lake to get this shot.  The moss on the bottom was about  six inches deep - quite soothing on tired feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment